Monday, July 21, 2008

New Bowling Ball

This is my first post ever on a blog. I am unsure about posting because I'm afraid I might mess up the blog, but Jill showed me that the website formats it all for you automatically, which is good because I can never make things look the way she makes them.

Anyway, Saturday I drove to South Windsor, CT to buy a new bowling ball. I haven't had my own bowling ball since I got my first one for Christmas when I was 13. I settled on the Black Widow Bite pictured below:








I tried it out on the South Windsor Ten Pin lanes, but they had oiled the lanes for a tournament shot and it was hard to tell what the ball is really going to do. When I got home that night I decided to test the ball out on the house shot at the bowling alley on base. I got there at about 7:45 and asked for a couple of lanes, put my shoes on, and then...the lights go out and the black lights come on. This isn't just cosmic bowling, its like being in a Pink Floyd video. There are glowing spiderwebs on the lanes and moving lights, strobe lights, basically anything else you can find to be distracting. I couldn't really tell what the ball was doing, so I stopped after just a couple of games and went home. One cool thing I found out was that my spare ball is UV reactive, and it glows BRIGHT blue.

Tomorrow is my Sport Bowling League and we're throwing on the Cheetah pattern. This is going to be the first real test of my new ball. Cheetah isn't a good trial run for such a reactive ball, because there is only oil about halfway down the lanes, but I'm really more concerned right now about getting my hand out of the ball smoothly and getting used to a ball that fits my hands. I hope I like it.

I must mention one other thing... After I get all the way to Windsor, which is just East of Hartford, the GPS that I depended on to get me to this bowling alley dies. I thought at first maybe the battery needed to be recharged, but I think the fuse that is built into the power cord has blown out or become loose. Anyway, no GPS and I am horrible with directions. It all started good, I got on the right highway, made a turn onto the right interstate, but then ended up going East on I-84 instead of West. I got all turned around and ended up in the middle of downtown Hartford flagging down a very uninterested state trooper to give me directions. I finally got home, but only after calling Jill about 4 times and making her aggravated with me :)

0 comments here!:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP