**coming soon**
I'll have a new post coming soon, with pictures from Christmas in Kentucky. I just cannot muster the energy to do it tonight. Since being back to CT, we've had quite the ordeal.
- Sunday night, at the airport, we could not find the car. I really thought it had been stolen. Looked for it for about 45 minutes before we found it. Apparently we were pretty tired.
- Monday, I realized I had definitely lost my military ID. I think I threw it in the garbage by mistake with the brown bag given at the pharmacy. Makes me especially thankful that when I the ID renewed (on December 19!!!) that I omitted my SS# and instead went with "SSN on File." Other stupid stuff on Monday, like dropping the lid to the Woolite behind the washing machine, and staying up way too late. On the bright side I had breakfast with my friend Elizabeth before she went back to Boston.
- The dog threw up on the bed. When I came home from breakfast w/Elizabeth, I noticed Lilly was downstairs on the couch. I didn't know how she got down because I'd closed the bedroom door when I left. I soon found out. I smelled vomit. TJ said she threw up on the bed and he woke up because she was licking (siiiick). Needless to say, he was really happy about that. I figure it is partially due to our last flight (which made ME feel sick) but I'm sure getting more table food than normal didn't help, either. Heck, my belly was hurting by the time we got back!
- Today--I was all depressed and angry about going back to work, but when I got there, my desk was piled with gifts. It made me feel happy and smile but also bad, because I did not buy gifts for my co-workers. It becomes expensive but also, I just let the time get away from me.
- When I got home today, I went to the washer to transfer a load to the dryer. Imagine my surprise (if you can call it that) when I open the washing machine and it is filled with water. Apparently it never got to the point of agitating. We check the breakers, the plug-in, everything. We don't know what to do, so TJ calls the service # on the back. They tell us someone will come on Saturday, charge us $75 just to come in the door, and then give us an estimate. Well, I get the bright idea to call the maintenance department for our housing company. I told them "I don't know whats wrong, maybe a breaker or a fuse blew." That call turned out to be a bad idea. Because the appliances belong to us and not housing, they are not allowed to mess with them, but the guy tells TJ he thinks he knows what is wrong. He proceeds to walk TJ through basically ripping off the front panel (where all the buttons and knobs are) to show him what part needs replacing (he thinks). Well, thats great and all, but where do we get the part, and how the heck do we get it back together?! Meanwhile, the washing machine has about 65 gallons of pink water in it (I'm just making that number up but it is a lot). I took out my load of red clothes, rinsed it all out in the shower and I'm trying to dry it enough that it isn't dripping. Anyway--I seriously hope that my sitting on top of the washing machine while trying to rescue the lid to the Woolite didn't contribute to the fact that it has now bit the dust, but I feel a bit guilty. TJ says if it costs more than X amount of dollars to fix it, he thinks we should just buy a new one. Being my quirky self, I know if we do that I'll be irritated if my washer & dryer don't match. I'm weird like that.
Happy Birthday Nanny!!!!
I forgot to call you earlier; I'm sorry!! I love you very much and am glad I got to see you and Papaw!
2 comments here!:
I know what you mean! I have to have my washer and dryer match as well! You have had a crazy week my friend! So glad I got to see you last week!
Wow.... aren't you glad tomorrow is Friday?
I hope you get the washer woes worked out soon. :(
Post a Comment