$1,062 per month
One thousand, sixty-two dollars per month. It's a lot of money. Unfortunately, you don't get much for your money in some parts of the country.
Thirty minutes outside of Boston, it will buy you this...I wish I could say this was only the beginning of the grand tour, but unfortunately, I cannot. I took this photo standing from the farthest corner of the room. To the left of TJ is a small hallway which leads to the entrance as well as a small bathroom. I took a plug-in air freshener to the bathroom but came out, telling TJ, "There's no outlet!" He of course thought I was crazy, and replied "I'll find it."
Well, the verdict is in people. There is NO outlet in the bathroom. Apparently that costs extra?! (kidding)
The bathroom is also HOTTTT. I was in there scrubbing the tub, which admittedly was hard work, but there is no air flow in there! Also, the former occupant(s) was obviously a die-hard-pack-a-day smoker. Fortunately we have our air purifier that we quickly put to work! We also opened the two patio doors for about 5 hours to let the place air out, sprayed Neutra-Air, put carpet cleaner down, vacuumed, wiped, Lysol'd, and by the time we left it smelled so good in there we were choking from all the fumes! I just hope we don't go back to it reeking like Marlboro's later this week.
Oh, speaking of Marlboro! When we were at Wal-Mart today I could see the cigarette rack from our check-out line. Anybody want to guess how much a pack of smokes costs in Massachusetts? It is so expensive, I can't see how anyone could afford it! Try $8.12 a pack! Thank goodness neither of us ever picked up that habit!
In better news, Kentucky is much more affordable than Mass! If all goes accordingly, we will close on this lovely in early September :) Fortunately, it has more than one room and the bathrooms include electrical outlets, AND the appliances don't look to be from 1970. We're both really excited to be getting back to KY!Well, I've got about 800 things to do in a realllly short amount of time. That's it for now!
3 comments here!:
Hey girl! I am soooo upset that I missed you in Kentucky! I have been just so busy, I can't think straight! In fact I finally finished an order for a couple tutu's for a girl in Louisville. It's always something! But I am thankful. So what's the deal, are you all moving back officially?!?!?!
What are you all doing in Boston? And does TJ have a job lined up in Lex? Cute house!
I see your in the process of trying to move! Good luck! Wish you the best.
Post a Comment