Sunday, August 31, 2008

mexican lasagna-yum

yesterday I tried a new recipe that I'd found online, I just modified it (aka, used the same ingredients but didn't really follow the instructions). It was really good, so I thought I'd post it for you...in case you're hungry :)

Here is what you will need:

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 pk taco seasoning
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 onion
  • 1 bag/pkg yellow saffron rice
  • 1 can enchilada sauce
  • mexican cheese mix (kraft?)
  • salsa
  • flour tortillas (optional)
  • tostitos chips
Preheat oven to 375. While waiting for oven to heat, brown hamburger and chopped onion, drain. Mix in taco seasoning according to the directions (it requires you to add water), and add the tomatoes, continuing to stir over low heat. At the same time, prepare the rice according to package directions. Once rice is ready, stir in black beans, and stir over low heat (this will kind of look gross). In the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish, spread a generous amount of salsa. Layer flour tortillas (some overlap is okay). Spread half of enchilada sauce on top of tortillas. Then, spread the bean/rice mixture. Make sure to really "flatten" this down. On top of beans/rice, spread some of the mexi-cheese. Add another layer of flour tortillas, followed by the remaining enchilada sauce. Then layer the ground beef mixture. On top of this, spread the corn, followed by the rest of the cheese. Bake at 375 for around 25-30 minutes.

The reason I say to flatten it down is because ours bubbled out and now the bottom of my oven needs cleaning! We ate it with Tostitos chips, so I may or may not leave out the flour tortillas the next time I make it. It is really good though! With the chips, it is more like a meaty taco dip, so it may also be able to pass as an appetizer item. You could probably serve it over the chips and lettuce like a taco salad, too. I doubt any of you will actually want to eat this, but figured I'd post it anyway. We think it is yummy and Lilly gives it two paws up!

0 comments here!:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP