our surprise!
It's been a while since I've posted anything, but today was pretty exciting for me and Jill. We left home at about 10am to go meet our new dog Taffy. We found Taffy on Petfinder.com and the shelter where she was fostered agreed to ship her from Monroe County, Tennessee all the way up to Connecticut. Jill and I talked about changing her name; I liked Lucy while Jill thought about Bailey, but in the end we decided to stay with what she knows. Anyway, we met the transport group at a place off the interstate and saw other people picking up dogs. But when we go over to get Taffy, the drivers tell us that they don't have our dog!
After standing outside in the cold for almost an hour, the drivers find out that she was put on the wrong truck and is on her way to Vermont. Luckily the other transport called us soon after and we got to meet her about 20 mins farther up the interstate.
When we saw Taffy, my first impression was "Wow this dog is tiny". She only weighs 14 pounds and doesn't have a lot of fur. She came off the truck and hopped right up on my leg to try and give me kisses. We could tell right away that this is a really sweet dog, but at the time she smelled really bad. I guess after traveling in a trailer with a bunch of other dogs for 24 hours I'd smell pretty bad too. She also shed badly when we first got her, but after brushing her and shampooing her (which she does NOT enjoy), it seems managable.
Right now Taffy and Lilly are both resting, fortunately for us Lilly seems to be the only snoring dog we have. Both our dogs are getting along fine, although Lilly has been giving Taffy the silent treatment for most of today. Hopefully they'll grow to like each other, and will have some company while we're at work.
Here are some pictures of our new family.
*We are siamese if you please*
My two girls after I gave them both a bath. Taffy definitely needed one!
*These pretzels are making me thirsty!*

2 comments here!:
Ahhh, she's a cutie! I bet Miss Lilly was a little put out when you brought her home. Soon they'll be good friends though. :)
I know I like her cuz she's a southern girl. ;)
SHe is soooo cute! Congrats on the new addition! Lilly will love having a playmate!
Post a Comment